Here we will be listing useful information such as projects, initiatives and news, broadly connected with making any language a digital one. We are also interested in hearing from you! Send us an email and we will be back to you.
|Projects||Centers and Initiatives||Conferences, Meetings and Events||Readings|
- RESTAURE (RESsources informatisées et Traitement AUtomatique pour les langues REgionales /Computational Resources and Processing for Regional Languages): The overall objective of the RESTAURE project is to provide computational resources and processing tools for three regional languages of France: Alsatian, Occitan and Picard.
- CiDLES (Centro Interdisciplinar de Documentação Linguística e Social / Interdisciplinary Centre for Social and Language documentation): a non-profit institution engaged in the development of language technologies for scientific and didactic work on lesser-used languages.
- Welsh National Languages Technology Portal: a collection of free and open Welsh technical resources developed at the Language Technologies Unit, Canolfan Bedwyr, Bangor University, to enable advanced and comprehensive help for Welsh in any finalized digital products.
- An Crúbadán - Corpus Building for Minority Languages: an ongoing project for exploiting the vast quantities of text freely available on the web as a way of bringing the benefits of statistical NLP to languages with small numbers of speakers and/or limited computational resources. Information about all of these languages and downloadable datasets are also available, as well as information on various tools that have been developed using these corpora.
- 21st Century Tools for Indigenous Languages at Alberta Language Technology Lab, Canada.
- Minority Languages and New Media: Towards language revitalisation in Africa and Europe - 27-28 April 2017, Aston University, Birmingham, UK. This seminar is intended to identify and discuss emerging trends in the study of minority languages in new media and technology. This includes the ways in which minority languages are supported through their presence in new media, and how minority language users are making use of their languages in digital landscapes traditionally dominated by global languages such as English.
- Wikimédia France et les langues de France - January 23rd, 2016, Paris, France. The first workshop organised by Wikimédia France addressed to speakers of regional languages to train them in Wikipedia contributing and editing.
- CCURL II - The 2nd CCURL Workshop "Towards and Alliance for Digital Language Diversity" will will be held on May 23rd, 2016, at LREC 2016 in Portorož, Slovenia. The workshop intends to bring together a wide variety of people (academics, industrial researchers, digital language-resource and technology providers, researchers and professionals in language learning and digital language planning, software developers, and language activists) sharing the aim of building a community devoted to the development of language resources and technologies (LRTs) for under-resourced languages, and actively engaged in defining an agenda for an Alliance for Digital Language Diversity.
- FOSDEM 2016 - Coding for Language Communities devroom, Sunday, January 31st, 2016, Brussels, Belgium.
- Coloquio Internacional de Lenguas en Peligro y Tecnologías de la Información ("International Symposium on Endangered Languages and Information Technology"), December 4th-5th, 2015, Universidad Autónoma de Querétaro, Mexico.
- Technologies pour les Langues Régionales de France, February 19th-20th, 2015, Meudon, France.
- Encuentro de Activismo Digital de Lenguas Indigenas, October 3th-5th, 2014, Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Proceedings of the Workshop about Language Technologies for Regional Languages of France (TLRF 2015)
- First Steps of Participatory Research Project: Indigenous Languages and Digital Media
- The 30 volumes of the META-NET series of Language White Papers series "Europe's Languages in the Digital Age". Each volume in the series provides a survey of the extent to which EU's official languages are equipped to function in the digital age.